A friend of mine mentioned this to me during a phone conversation several days ago. He had just spent the morning with one of the top producers in his company, discussing his approach to life and work. It included setting personal goals, realizing ones purpose, and looking beyond the now and seeing whats possible. He came away empowered, excited about his life and the opportunity’s it holds. I have heard or read this expression several times in my life from pastors, motivational speakers, or sales managers. I have found it to be a necessity in my life
Most often it has been realized or experienced through challenge, difficulty or tragedy in life. Typically, a call to action, to focus time and resources on what’s important. A greater vision of ones purpose, in spite of what ones day, to day circumstances in life may be. I am always amazed that the challenge’s and difficulty’s in life often hold tremendous rewards.
I have sometimes found my self engaged in thoughts and actions that are inconsistent with my knowledge, understanding, experience, and belief in Jesus Christ. Letting what I see and feel with the physical body dominate what is available and promised in the Spirit. Allowing my self to be discouraged or overwhelmed.
Proverbs 3: 5-7 says,
Lean on trust and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight and understanding. In all your ways know, recognize and acknowledge Him and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes, reverently fear and worship the Lord and turn entirely away from evil.
DLC “Courage and obedience produce great rewards’. Deuteronomy 31:6 says; be strong, courage’s, and firm fear not nor be in terror before them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.
Several years ago I made a list of those things in my life that were in need of resolution, focus, and an action plan. Looking back they were simplistic in content but gave me a place to start.
- You will dilute your efforts by not having (owning) a predetermined outcome or benefit (goal).
- Prayer, reading, exercise, nutrition, supplements, sleep, rest, social activities are extremely important to your well being.
- At peace is powerful, do and complete those things, priorities, events, & things that support and empower you.
- Express your ideas, frustrations, intentions, and your passion.
- Learn that as you visualize who you want to (be) you will act as if (do) and overtime your dreams and desires will come true ( have).
- You will become tomorrow what you say and do today.
- Acknowledge & own your shortcomings.
- The only control you have over tomorrow is what you do and think today.
- Use your surroundings as an expression of who you are.
- Always acknowledge others, help or intervene as a way of life.
- Swearing and anger are a sign of mental, social, educational, and weakness as well as a lack of discipline.
- Manage those assets entrusted to you with discipline, passion, logic, and heart.
- Accept today, you will come to a time where you understand the past and have vision for the future.
- Always reward those who give great service.
- Your cloths are a representation of you, choose wisely.
- Checking off your list will free up time, money, and your thinking.
May God bless your life as you pursue him! May Gods love and kindness direct you as we are renewed and strengthened as he does a new thing in our lives, the journey to our new life is on foot, led by the Spirit and Gods Word, to serve Him, and others.